Last Updated : June 10, 2020 by canadianmarijuanaproducts
Since the Cannabis Act got approval in Canada, the demand for Marijuana seeds and other products has increased. Are you looking for high-quality marijuana seeds in Quebec? Read on to know about everything regarding your purchase of marijuana seeds in Quebec.
Cannabis Act in Canada
The Cannabis Act came into action on October 17, 2018. Provinces and territories are responsible for deciding how marijuana is distributed and sold within their territories.
They set rules around as follows:
- Selling of cannabis
- Location of the stores
- The operating system of the stores
- Permissions to sell cannabis to a particular individual
Provinces and territories are also flexible to set additional restrictions, such as:
- Lowering down possession limit
- Increasing the minimum age
- Restrictions on usage of cannabis in public places
- Setting additional requirements on private growing
Each province and territory has its own excise stamp for legal marijuana products (except for products with no THC).
Is Marijuana Legal in Quebec
Since cannabis poses significant risks to public health and safety, the Quebec government has therefore strictly regulated this substance.
The Government of Québec knows how important it is to inform and educate the public about cannabis use. The rules make every effort to make sure that people know that utilizing cannabis is a serious matter and understand the effects and result it can have.
In Canada, including in Quebec, the permission to use medical cannabis to cure certain conditions and symptoms is allowed if the patient is registered under the ACMPR: the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations, which later replaced by the MMPR: Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations.
On 1 st November 2019, the Act to tighten the supervision of cannabis was sanctioned. This law came to modify the law regulating cannabis by tightening, in particular, the restrictions of use and by raising the legal age of possession and purchase of cannabis to 21 years.
The Act amends the Cannabis Regulation Act. From now on, it is now prohibited to smoke or vape marijuana in any public place, whether indoor or outdoor.
As of January 1, 2020, the minimum legal age to possess or buy cannabis and to be admitted to the properties of the Société québécoise du cannabis, among other things, will be increased to 21 years of age.
Possessing, Growing, Using, Selling Marijuana in Quebec
Here is an overview of the main current measures concerning in particular:
Possession of Cannabis
Complete ban for people under the age of 21 from possessing cannabis.
30 g in a public place
It is possible to have 30 grams of dried cannabis or its equivalent in a public place.
150 g in a private house
In the case of private property, the possession limit of 150 grams of dried marijuana or its equally applicable regardless of the number of people aged 21 or over who lives there.
For instance, if three people 21 years of age or older live in the same residence, the limit is always 150 grams. Besides, a person 21 years of age or older may not contain more than 150 grams of dried marijuana or its identical in different places other than the public, particularly in all residences.
Prohibition of possession in certain places
It is forbidden to possess cannabis in certain places, particularly in areas that are welcoming mainly to people under the age of 21, such as:
The grounds, premises or buildings of a preschool, primary or secondary school, educational services in vocational training or educational facilities for adults in general education, a college educational institution ;
The premises or buildings of a university educational establishment, excluding student residences; the grounds and facilities of an early childhood center or daycare center ;
Land, assumptions, or buildings used for the detention of persons.
Ban on cannabis cultivation
It is a total ban on the cultivation of cannabis for personal use. It should be noted that it is also prohibited to own a cannabis plant.
The use of cannabis
You are prohibited to smoke or vape cannabis in all places that welcome the public, indoors and outdoors, including the public thoroughfare.
Sale of Cannabis
Only the Société québécoise du cannabis (SQDC) can sell cannabis at retail in Quebec.
No sale of cannabis to people under 21
A person under the age of 21 cannot be admitted to a cannabis outlet. This provision does not apply to a staff member of the Quebec Society of cannabis aged 18, 19, or 20 years, as of 1 st November 2019.
In addition, it is prohibited:
- Sell marijuana to a person who is under the age of 21;
- Sell cannabis to a person 21 years of age and over who buys for a person under 21 years of age;
- Someone under the age of 21 to purchase cannabis;
- To a person 21 years of age and older to buy marijuana for a person under 21 years of age.
- Purchase of 30 g maximum per visit to the SQDC
- It is not allowed to sell more than the equivalent of 30 grams of dried cannabis to a buyer during the same visit.
General rules for the sale of cannabis in Quebec (non-exhaustive list):
- A person under the age of 21 cannot be admitted to a cannabis sales outlet;
- It is not permitted for a person under the age of 21 to buy cannabis, and it is not allowed to sell cannabis to a person under the age of 21 or a person who purchases for a person under the age of 21
- Marijuana must be spread so that customers cannot access it without the help of an attendant and can only be seen from inside the cannabis outlet;
- Cannabis sold to the SQDC cannot be altered there in any way and therefore cannot be manipulated to modify its properties;
- Cannabis salespersons must have completed training determined by regulation of the Minister of Health and Social Services;
- It is not allowed to sell more than the equivalent of 30 grams of dried cannabis to a buyer during the same visit;
- Public health information prescribed by regulation of the Minister of Health and Social Services must be communicated to the buyer during any purchase;
- Cannabis cannot be sold to a person whose behavior is manifestly impaired by drugs or alcohol, or to a person who purchases it for another person whose behavior is thus manifestly impaired.
- An SQDC point of sale cannot be operated near schools (preschool, primary and secondary, as well as general training centers for adults, vocational training centers, and college education establishments). Proximity is defined by the route to get there by a public road of fewer than 250 meters from the boundaries of the land where this establishment is located. In the case of the city of Montreal, this minimum distance is 150 meters.
Forms of cannabis for sale
The regulations in force can sell only the following categories of cannabis:
- dried cannabis;
- cannabis oil;
- fresh cannabis;
- cannabis resin (hashish);
- edible cannabis products;
- cannabis extracts.
No person shall drive or have care or control of a road vehicle if there is any detectable presence of cannabis or another drug in their saliva.
For more information, consult the modifications to the road safety code related to the legalization of cannabis.
Safe supervision in the workplace
The law regulating cannabis specifies that an employer may, by virtue of his right of management, regulate the use of cannabis, or even ban it entirely. Clarifications were also made to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Buying the Best Marijuana Seeds in Quebec
Regulations regarding product Features
- Dried cannabis and cannabis resin offered in Quebec cannot contain any additive or other substance intended to modify its odor, flavor, or color. A cannabis extract, like oil, cannot have any characteristic taste or smell other than that of cannabis. It cannot contain any coloring agent intended to modify its color.
- Components, other than tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), aimed at amplifying the intoxicating psychological effects of cannabis cannot be added.
- The concentration of THC present in cannabis should not exceed 30% weight by weight.
- An edible cannabis product in solid form cannot contain a quantity of THC greater than 10 mg per package, and a maximum of 5 mg of THC is fixed per distinguishable unit portion.
- The liquid form of an edible marijuana product cannot contain an amount of THC greater than 5 mg per container.
- An edible cannabis product offered in Quebec cannot be candy, a confectionery, a dessert, chocolate, or any other product attractive to people under the age of 21.
- The Government may determine, by regulation, any other standard relating to the composition, characteristics, or other properties of cannabis.
Usually, the price range of Cannabis seeds is between 48 $ to 75$. Feminized seeds are costlier in comparison to other strains. All the seed banks have their own price ranges and strains made from the essential strains of cannabis.
Quebec Gold confers an even balance of mental and physical effects along with a decidedly funky aroma. It’s a cross between two potent Indicas: M-39 and another Canadian strain appropriately named Freeze land. This bud’s THC content is usually between 18% and 26%. A gem of North American cannabis breeding, Quebec Gold makes an excellent smoke for Indica and Sativa lovers alike.
Reproduced in Quebec, Jean Guy was made famous by the Montreal Compassion Club but got its highest popularity when it was highlighted in the first-ever cannabis advertisement in the New York Times.
Jean Guy is a Hybrid, being 90% Sativa and only 10% Indica – which means, Jean Guy is perfect for daytime ventures as it is an energizing and uplifting strain.
It is not really recommended for those who suffer from anxiety because of its intense cerebral effect. THC content can reach up to 25%.
Bred in Canada, Romulan is an Indica-dominant strain that is one of the most famous marijuana varieties in its country of origin, particularly among medical patients needing relief from pain, insomnia, and other effects from nerve damage.
Romulan has a pungent smell of fresh earth and pine, and it has a sharp pepper flavor that sets it apart.
The Best Seed Bank in Quebec
Quebec Seed Bank
Quebec Cannabis Seeds (QCS) is one of the most famous names when it comes to the world of seed banks based in Canada. This is one of the most well known and trusted names in the Canadian and global seed banking industry and has been around for quite a while now
The company has strains of weed, which are great for recreational smokers as well as for those who want them for medicinal purposes. Some seeds grow indoors as well as outdoors – making QCS one of the best places to offer you a good price and quality combination.
For over 15 years, the company has been providing seeds to its consumer base from all over Canada and even from around the world.
Identifying high-quality, or as people familiar with buying weed say, “top shelf” flowers or seeds can throw even the most skilled marijuana connoisseurs in a loop. We hope that this article would have helped you out to ease your purchase in Quebec.