Last Updated : June 10, 2020 by canadianmarijuanaproducts
Cannabis in Canada is legal for medicinal objectives since 2001 under conditions described in the Marijuana for Medical Purposes Regulations. Buying cannabis seeds sometimes requires a specific degree of certainty. If you don’t act well, you can wind up having a low-quality seed. In this article, you will get to know everything on laws and places to Buy Marijuana Seeds in Ontario.
Cannabis Act in Canada
Cannabis was banned in Canada from 1923 until advanced medical marijuana got legal on July 30, 2001. The Cannabis Act came into action on October 17, 2018. Provinces and territories are free to decide how marijuana is distributed and sold within their regions.
They set rules around as follows: selling of cannabis, the area of the stores, the operating system of the stores, and the permissions to sell marijuana to a specific person.
Provinces and territories are also adaptable to set additional restrictions, such as age limit, increasing the possession limitations growing, and use at public places.
Every area and territory has its own excise stamp for legal marijuana products (aside from products with no THC). You can get more information regarding Cannabis Law in Canada here.
Is Marijuana Legal in Ontario
The Ontario Government has rules to keep cannabis out of the hands of youngsters and teens, guard the roads, and battle the illegal market.
Ontario has a tightly regulated private retail model for cannabis. Medical cannabis is governed by the Government of Canada and will keep on being subject to different rules than recreational marijuana.
You must be 19 and old to purchase, use, possess, and grow recreational cannabis. It is the same as the minimum age for the sale of tobacco and liquor in Ontario.
The Ontario Government also runs a program called the Youth Cannabis Diversion Program, an online instruction, and anticipation program for youth between the ages of 12 and 18.
Youth who clash with the law for certain commonplace cannabis-related offenses can be referred to this program by law enforcement, prosecutors, and courts.
In 2019, the Ontario government initially gave 25 retail licenses for physical stores to sell recreational cannabis; the selection was dependent on strict criteria and a lottery system. An additional 50 permits were finally issued.
By April 2020, the government wanted to dispense with the lottery system and to begin issuing roughly 20 new permits for every month to increase availability as a feature of the arrangement to battle sales by bootleg market dealers.
Retail online sales of recreational cannabis stayed in the hands of the Ontario Cannabis Store, worked by the commonplace government.
Possessing, Growing and Using Marijuana in Ontario
Possessing Marijuana in Ontario
You can have a limit of 30 grams (about one ounce) of dried cannabis out in the open at any time.
One gram of dried cannabis is equivalent (proportionate) to:
- 5 grams of the fresh cannabis
- 15 grams of the palatable item
- 70 grams of the fluid item
- 0.25 grams of concentrates (solid or liquid)
- One cannabis plant seed
Growing Marijuana in Ontario
You can grow up to four cannabis plants for every residence (not per person) if:
- You are 19 years of age and more seasoned
- It is just for your utilization
- The initial material was purchased from the Ontario Cannabis Store or an approved retail location
- It is not prohibited by your contract agreement or apartment suite rules
Using Marijuana in Ontario
The government has enacted the following rules to use marijuana, both medical and recreational.
Where you can smoke and vape cannabis
- Private residences – this does exclude houses that are also workplaces (for instance, long-term care and retirement homes)
- Numerous outdoor open places (for instance, sidewalks and gardens)
- Selected smoking guest rooms in hotels, motels, and inns
- Private vehicles and boats that meet specific criteria (for example, if they have perpetual sleeping accommodations and cooking facilities, and are left or anchored)
- Scientific research and testing facilities if it is used for scientific research
Controlled areas in:
- long-term care homes
- certain retirement homes
- residential hospices
- provincially-financed supportive housing
- designated psychiatric facilities or veterans’ facilities
Where you cannot smoke or vape cannabis
You cannot smoke or vape cannabis in:
- Indoor primary areas in condos, high rises, and university/college residences
- Enclosed open places and enclosed workplaces
- Not designated guest rooms in hotels, motels, and inns
- Schools and locations where youngsters gather
You cannot smoke or vape cannabis:
- At school, on school grounds, and all open areas within 20 meters of these grounds
- On youngsters’ playgrounds and public areas within 20 meters of playgrounds
- In youngster care centers or where an early years program is given
- In places where home youngster care is provided — regardless of whether kids aren’t present
- Hospitals, hospices, care homes, and other facilities
You cannot smoke or vape cannabis:
- Within 9 meters from the passageway or exit of hospitals (open and private), psychiatric facilities, long-term care homes, and autonomous well being facilities
- On outdoor grounds of hospitals (public and private) and psychiatric facilities
- In non-controlled places in long-term care homes, certain retirement homes, provincially-subsidized supportive housing, designated psychiatric or veterans’ facilities, and residential hospices
- You cannot smoke or vape cannabis in freely-possessed sports fields (not including golf courses), close by spectator areas, and open areas within 20 meters of these areas.
You cannot smoke or vape cannabis:
- In restaurants and on bar patios and open areas within 9 meters of a porch
- On outdoor grounds of individual Ontario government office buildings
- In reserved seating places at outdoor sports and amusement locations
- On the grounds of community recreational center and open areas within 20 meters
- In sheltered outdoor seats with a roof and more than two walls which people in general or employees visit, or are invited to (for instance, a bus shelter)
Vehicles and boats
You cannot consume cannabis (smoking, vaping, and eating) in a vehicle or vessel that is being driven or will be driven.
Cannabis edibles are legal in Canada as of October 17, 2019.
Eatable cannabis products are allowed to contain:
- More than 10 milligrams of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) in a single package
- Up to 30 milligrams of caffeine, if naturally occurring (for instance, in chocolate, coffee, and tea)
- Palatable cannabis products must contain no nicotine or included liquor.
Extracts and Topicals
Extracts and topicals of cannabis are legal in Canada as of October 17, 2019.
The Extracts, also known as concentrates, are breathed in or ingested, and topicals (cannabis-infused products for skin, hair, and nails) can have up to 1,000 milligrams of THC for every package.
Such products are prohibited from:
- Being appealing to youth
- Making well being, dietary or cosmetic claims (for instance, low fat or suitable for joint pain)
- Having elements that associate the item with mixed beverages, tobacco products, or vaping products.
Rules for the workplace
Ontario has strict laws in place to make sure workplaces are safe. Using recreational cannabis in an enclosed workplace remains illegal after legalization on October 17, 2018.
Employers and supervisors:
- You have to know the rules for medical cannabis
- You are required to address workplace hazards, under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
Employees and workers:
- Who can’t or unfit to work safely could be a peril to themselves or others in the workplace
- Have an obligation to perform work safely and to report any hazards to their supervisor or business under the OHSA
Buying the Best Marijuana Seeds in Ontario
You’ll have the option to purchase as much as 30 grams (about one ounce) of dried recreational marijuana without a moment’s delay for personal use at the Ontario Cannabis Store, either online or in person.
The Ontario Cannabis Store, along with designated retail locations, are the main places to legally sell recreational cannabis and adhere to strict rules set by the federal government.
Buying it from unapproved individuals other than the government-affirmed stores will still be considered illegal.
Every municipality across Ontario has the right to choose where and if they need retail locations in their city or town.
Legal Forms of Purchasable Marijuana
The Federal Cannabis Act legalizes fresh and dried marijuana, cannabis oil, plants, and seeds for breeding. On OCS.ca, you can purchase dried cannabis, seeds and cannabis oil, extracts (including vapes), and edibles. Topical cannabis products are open up for purchase in spring 2020.
Legal Allowable Quantity
Federal legislation defines the greatest open possession limit of as much as 30 grams of dried legal cannabis whenever or its equivalent.
As a result, OCS limits any one transaction to a limit of 30 grams of dried marijuana or its equal in other forms. It is easy to follow as you shop online: The total number of grams you’ve collected is displayed as you keep the items in your cart.
The common legislation also maintains the federal legal limit of four plants for every private residential dwelling (not per person).
Buying Medical Cannabis
Medical cannabis is subject to many rules than recreational marijuana. The creation and sale of medical cannabis are regulated exclusively by the federal government.
The best way to purchase medical cannabis is:
- From a federally licensed maker online
- By written request
- Via telephone and delivered by secure mail
You can also get a license from Health Canada to grow medical cannabis alone or designate someone else to grow it for your benefit.
There is not much data given online regarding the cost of cannabis seeds. All the vendors have different prices according to the product quality.
According to the Ontario Cannabis Store, the price range is between USD 7 to USD 50. The cost might fluctuate from store to store depending upon the quality and quantity of the seeds.
Blue Dream is a Sativa-prevailing hybrid marijuana strain. It originates from California and mixes with Blueberry Indica and Haze genetics to make a remarkable strain prestigious for its power, effects, and medical benefits.
The effects of Blue Dream consolidate the best of both the Indica and Sativa worlds. Most users experience a fast onset of light cerebral stimulation, which later eases into deep, profound, full-body unwinding.
Numerous users stand by this strain for daytime use as it provides the quiet, relaxing effects of cannabis but still leaves them utilitarian enough to stay gainful, social, and roused.
Some users may experience slightly more powerful indica-like effects, which may come down to that specific phenotype.
The flavors and smell of this strain are nostalgic of its lineage. Think intense berry aromas from the Blueberry, combined with the notable sweet tones from the Haze. Some users may also recognize subtle hints of pine, or possibly even herby, slightly grassy undertones.
As desired as its OG Kush relative, Pink Kush is an Indica-predominant hybrid with powerful, body-focused effects.
In its uncommon variations, pink hairs burst from bright green buds scarcely visible under cover of sugar-like trichomes, with traces of sweet vanilla and candy scent.
The strength of this strain could be considered overpowering, and even small doses are known to wipe out pain, insomnia, and appetite loss.
Pink Kush is virtually an OG Kush that has been selected and stabilized for its unique aromas and effects. It’s a 100% indica strain that satisfies purist cannabis enthusiasts. It exudes exciting vanilla flavors and induces intense highs.
White Widow is amongst the most popular strains worldwide. It is an excellent hybrid first developed in the Netherlands by Green House Seeds.
A cross between a Brazilian Sativa land race and a resin-overwhelming South Indian Indica, White Widow has blessed each Dutch coffee shop menu since its introduction to the world during the 1990s. Its buds are white with crystal resin, warning you of the intense effects to come.
The smell of White Widow is incredibly pungent and savory, with some piney undertones and just a trace of spice. When smoked, the delicious flavor is sweet and fruity, and it leaves behind a slightly sugary aftertaste.
Despite White Widow’s gentle flavor, it packs a punch so that coughing might be inevitable. A powerful burst of happiness and energy breaks through promptly, stimulating both conversation and creativity.
White Widow’s genetics have given rise to numerous other legends like White Russian, White Rhino, and Blue Widow. Still, many growers incline toward the cultivation of the original White Widow, which flowers in about 60 days indoors.
The Best Seed Banks in Ontario
Niagara Seed Bank
The Niagara Seed bank has some of the finest weed seed varieties you can discover online.
The organization is based in Ontario, Canada, and just like most of the cannabis online seed banks, its central purpose is to sell cannabis seeds that address the issues of ganja users, especially those who need the same for medicinal purposes.
Those who need to purchase marijuana seeds from this online seed bank can visit their address from 12 to 6 pm every day, excluding Tuesdays. The price that they have is indicated in US dollars, but they don’t, as of now, ship marijuana seeds in the US.
GTA Seed Bank
GTA Seed Bank’s goal is to give you the best cannabis seeds at the best price possible. They offer seeds with the highest quality of marijuana! They also has marijuana seeds for each need: Indoor, Outdoor, Feminized, and Medicinal.
The GTA seed bank ships marijuana seeds worldwide, and the customer has to pay the corresponding shipping charges.
Payment methods acknowledged are Money Order, Email Money Transfer, and Cash. They ship weed seeds in discreet packaging and with no arrival address.
This is a seed bank where a lot of breeders are associated with. They have cannabis seeds for sale from breeders such as Beanho, Dr. Atomic, GWN, and Secret valley along with more than 30 famous marijuana seed breeders.
The prices are available in Euro, Canadian, and US dollars. Currently, Hemp Depot discount coupons are not available, but they do have reasonable prices for their marijuana seeds.
To finish up, we can say that to purchase marijuana in Ontario, you must observe the rules, and if you are buying from a legit store, you will get high-quality marijuana seeds.
To purchase marijuana seeds in Ontario, you can go to Ontario Cannabis Store or get it online with above-listed seed banks, which are truly outstanding in Canada, where you can purchase your favorite strains.